Hey there people!
So I was sick for quite a while recently. To be honest all I wanted was to be back at home where I wouldn’t have to take care of myself. Got to say I usually miss the parents most when I’m sick. Anyways, after a week of barely eating I decided to suck it up and make myself something warm and filling and it was awesome! I spent most of my Saturday last weekend sleeping and eating bowls of this soup! It’s easy to make, yummy, and oh so warm! definitely going to be eating more of it this winter!
1 cup pasta
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
half a yellow onion
3-4 cloves garlic
2 stalks celery
1 tablespoon thyme
2 chicken breast
salt and pepper
all purpose seasoning (optional)
6 cups broth ( I used a vegetable broth)
4-5 bay leaves
1) Marinate the chicken breast with salt, pepper, juice from half a lemon and all purpose seasoning. You can all get creative and really add whatever spices or seasoning your heart desires! Lay chicken aside.
2) Cook 1 cup of pasta. Drain it and leave it to cool.
3) In a pan add olive oil, chopped onions and garlic. Leave it on for about 5 minutes. Then add in celery and carrots. Saute for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste plus thyme.
4) Heat the broth in a large pot. Add the cooked vegetables and bay leaves to the broth. Leave on a medium flame.
5) Cook chicken breast in the pan and then cut into pieces.
6) Add the chicken and pasta to the soup and add the juice of the remaining half of the lemon. Add salt or pepper as needed.
Hope you guys enjoy this!